Junior Leadership Team
Children are at the heart of our Academy community. As an Academy, we value the thoughts, ideas and opinions of all our children and the Junior Leadership Team is one way of ensuring the voice of the children is heard and has an impact on the development of the Academy.
Class Representatives from across the Academy are elected by their classes at the start of the school year. These children then have an extremely important job to do:
- They are responsible for the ongoing process of collecting the thoughts, ideas and opinions of the children in their class and reporting back to the Junior Leadership Team.
- They bring new ideas forward for how we can improve our Academy and local environment. They sometimes come to the meetings with ideas of fund raising for the Academy and for other local or national charities.
- Once they have identified a priority, they will lead the initiative to enhance what we do as an Academy.
Junior Leaders’ Classroom of the Week Award
- Each week members of the Junior Leadership team take on responsibility for carrying out classroom environment checks. Classrooms are judged on a variety of aspects including organisation, tidiness and general appearance. Each class will be rewarded for achieving classroom of the week.
Junior Leaders’ Homework Club
- Some members of the JLT have set up a homework club. This runs every Wednesday and is an ideal opportunity for children to catch up on any homework. A senior member of staff is on hand but the Junior Leaders are the ones really in charge.
The Junior Leaders will be working with Mrs Sayers tackling parking issues in the area. They will carry out regular patrols and will be speaking to drivers and encouraging them to park considerately and safely.